Monday , October 6th, 2014 | Posted By: Bud S. Moker, Th.C.
10% OFF YOUR CANNABIS BUSINESS SUMMIT REGISTRATION
The National Cannabis Industry Association is proud to present the first annual Cannabis Business Summit, a series of events which offer cannabis business leaders a national stage to discuss best practices and business developments from around the industry.
NCIA is pleased to offer readers of Smoking with Style an exclusive discount at any of the upcoming four events. Simply enter the code TDSWS10 to receive 10% off registration.
These events will provide essential educational and networking opportunities, making it a must for any cannabis industry professional. Visit them online, and register at http://cannabisbusinesssummit.com/.
Our upcoming events include:
Infused Product And Extraction Symposium: Denver CO October 27-29, 2014
The infused and extracted product revolution is sweeping the nation. Industry leaders, entrepreneurs, and newcomers will gather to learn and discuss best practices and cutting edge technologies surrounding this movement.
Cannabis Tax and Law Symposium: San Diego, CA January 14-15, 2015
This two day conference will educate Accountants, Lawyers and business owners about the complexities of the doing business in the cannabis industry. Best practices will be presented by experts in the industry who have weathered the legislative storm, and have an inside view of the current legal environment. CPEs and CLEs will be presented upon completion of this conference!
Cultivation Management Symposium: Seattle March 3-5,2015
This three-day conference will showcase presentations from leaders in the cannabis cultivation arena. From horticulture techniques to the best business practices of running a grow, the cultivation management symposium will bring together the best and brightest from around the country.
Cannabis Policy and Reform Symposium: Washington DC April 24th, 2015
Without a strong political machine driving legal reforms across the country, there would be no cannabis industry. This one day conference focuses on the latest efforts to reform state and federal marijuana laws. The event will be held alongside NCIA’s lobby days, and will feature both panel discussions as well as an interactive workshop teaching you how to lobby for cannabis reform. Join us for this pre- lobby day conference and workshop!
The National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) is the largest cannabis trade association in the U.S. and the only organization representing cannabis-related businesses at the national level. NCIA promotes the growth of a responsible and legitimate cannabis industry and works toward a favorable social, economic, and legal environment for that industry in the United States.
Wednesday , October 1st, 2014 | Posted By: Bud S. Moker, Th.C.
LEGAL PITFALLS WITH MEDICAL MARIJUANA
With the issue of Medical Marijuana’s legality cropping up in several states (and the states of Washington and Colorado being recreationally legalized), more and more people will become legitimate users of this substance. If you are one of them, you may want to take certain precautions, by reading our advice below, on what is legally acceptable as a marijuana user, what may get you arrested, and how to avoid legal pitfalls.
- Always carry your Medical Marijuana card. In the event that you are detained by the police and are under the influence or have marijuana in your possession, you will have the proof that you are a legal user of marijuana. Make sure you are following the guidelines of the amount your card says you are allowed to have and not more.
- Never use marijuana and drive. It is important to exercise caution and not operate a car or machinery while under the influence as driving under the influence is still illegal. Just as you would not drive a car after too many drinks, one puff of marijuana may make you intoxicated and once you partake in any marijuana use through any method of ingestion, you should not drive. Before getting high, designate a sober driver if you plan on going anywhere after you use marijuana. It is never a good idea to have the smell of burnt marijuana in your vehicle.
- Smoke in the privacy of your home. Just because you are legally authorized to use marijuana does not mean you can smoke it anywhere you go. Even in the states where it is recreationally legalized, it may still be illegal to smoke marijuana in public.
- Make sure to store your marijuana in a safe place away from children and animals. Sometimes marijuana comes in fun-to-eat baked goods and candies. Kids who cannot read or just aren’t careful could accidentally ingest something and become very ill. With both animals and kids, keeping your marijuana in a childproof container, in a hidden place, is a good way to make sure they do not ingest some and become sick or worse.
- Know your rights. If you happen to have the unfortunate experience of getting arrested for a marijuana related offense, know that you have the right to remain silent and to refuse to being searched (without a warrant) and the right to an attorney. Research a good lawyer and keep his or her contact information in your phone in case you need someone to come to your defense.
Although it is exciting that Marijuana laws are more liberal in some places and that people are able to reap the benefits of it for their medicinal needs, it needs to be said that there are still serious restrictions on when, where and how it is legal to use medicinal (or recreational) marijuana. If you want to avoid legal problems and damaging your record, you should strictly adhere to these guidelines, so you can remain a safe, happy, and legal marijuana user.
Monday , July 28th, 2014 | Posted By: Bud S. Moker, Th.C.
Products: Shine – 24K Gold Rolling Papers
Items Provided by: ShinePapers.com
24K Rolling Paper
A WORD FROM SHINE PAPERS
Launching in 2011, Shine Papers is the inventor of the worlds first ever 24 karat gold rolling paper. The brand quickly gained popularity and became the “go to” brand for those who celebrate all of life’s highs.
Not only do Shine Papers turn every head in the room, but the papers also burn extremely slow while also leaving behind a “gift” in the ashtray. Yup, the gold stays on your ashes which is refered to as “the gems,” but unfortunately you cannot pawn your ashes (the question gets asked all of the time).
Enjoy your Shine papers and the Shine team looks forward to seeing your pictures on Instagram! #goldlife
SMOKING WITH STYLE REVIEW
Shine 24K Gold Rolling Papers provide a unique rolling experience. You roll your joint just as you would with any “regular” paper and then spark it up. It smoked quite nicely and the gold leaf burned very evenly as described by the distributor.
Are these rolling papers necessary to enjoy smoking your herb? Nope. Is it something that will promote you as one who smokes with absolute style? Hell yeah! In fact, I think Shine Gold Rolling Papers will become MY go to for all “high class” events. Why would Bud S. Moker, Th.C. settle for anything else?
At a price of $4.60 per leaf, these papers may be cost prohibitive for some. However, isn’t that the idea? If everybody was burning 24K gold papers, they would lose their luxury status.
BUD SAYS: I found these papers to be slightly more difficult to roll than your average paper. However, once I got the edge tucked in, it rolled quite well.
Toke to ya soon,
Bud S. Moker, Th.C.
Wednesday , July 23rd, 2014 | Posted By: Bud S. Moker, Th.C.
Products: Pack N Stash - Plastic Weed Container
Items Provided by: Good Dispense, LLC
SELLER’S PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Mr. Pack N Stash always uses discreet packaging.
The Pack N Stash is a storage container and dispensing tool for your favorite smoking pleasure.
- Portable: Easily fits in your pocket or purse. 4 inches long, ½ wide. You can stash it just about anywhere.
- Refillable: Easily load with your favorite smoke.
- Dispenses: Simply pull the cap off the dispensing end, and turn the thumb screw to quickly dispense.
- Accuracy: No more bags. No more worrying about spilling on yourself or worse–the floor.
- Speed: With the Pack N Stash the process only takes seconds–pop off the cap, twist out desired amount, replace cap. That’s it!
- Colors: The Pack N Stash is available in different colors and labeling.
- Customizable: Part of a club or fraternity? Want something great for a giveaway? We offer customization and private label branding.
SMOKING WITH STYLE REVIEW
The Pack N Stash is an MMJ storage container used in lieu of a plastic baggie or pill bottle. Basically, you take your herb, load it into the small herb container, and carry it around in your pocket. When your vape or pipe needs a refill, you dispense only the amount needed and cap the rest for later use. Just by looking at the photos above, you can get a really good idea about what this product does.
It’s a relatively inexpensive product and well worth the $9.95 price tag. I give the Pack N Stash a stellar 4-leaf review because it does what it’s intended to do and would be useful to the traveling smoker.
BUD SAYS: Sort out your shake and/or grind up your buds before attempting to load the Pack N Stash. Attempting to de-stem your stash while loading the unit could result in a spill.
Toke to ya soon,
Bud S. Moker, Th.C.