HERBS TO HELP YOU QUIT SMOKING
Despite the fact that people know the health threats posed by smoking tobacco, most of them go ahead to smoke. By the time someone becomes addicted to smoking, it is often too hard for them to get out of the habit. However, herbs can be a great solution to help one quit smoking by decreasing anxiety, detoxifying the lungs and reducing the craving. Some of these herbs, however, would taste very bitter on their own. Therefore, people often mix them with other herbs to combine the taste and effect. The following are some of the herbs that can help you quit smoking.
- CALAMUS – This is often referred to as “Sweet Flag.” It helps to reduce the congestion in the bronchioles and eliminate excess mucous. It is a traditional medicine that is used in the treatment of asthma, whooping cough and bronchitis. It can help in the clearing of the toxic substances that are left in the lungs by tobacco. Calamus is a centering and calming herb that can help you reduce your craving for tobacco smoking. Try chewing its roots and it will kill the tobacco taste.
- COLTSFOOT – This herb is helpful in promoting a cough and expelling the mucous from the lungs. Preferably, use it in low dosage to aid you in eliminating the excess phlegm and removing the toxins left by the tobacco.
- HORSETAIL – It is helpful in eliminating the cravings for tobacco especially immediately after withdrawing from tobacco smoking. It is recommended that when taking this herb, one take a break at the third week. This is because excessive use of the herb can result in irritation when urinating. Yikes!
- CATNIP – Besides the fact that this herb excites cats, it also calms down human beings. It is helpful especially with the insomnia that is experienced by individuals who withdraw from the use of tobacco. It reduces the cravings for tobacco and much of the anxiety. It is advisable that you put some drops at the back your tongue.
- KOREAN GINSENG – It has adapt genic mentality that is helpful to the body in dealing with all the anxiety and emotional stress experienced by someone who wants to withdraw from the use of tobacco. It aids you in boosting your stamina and endurance during the withdrawal period.
- HYSSOP – This herb is responsible for soothing the irritation in the mucous membranes. Moreover, it helps in reduction of stress after withdrawing from the use of tobacco. It also leads to enhanced mental clarity.
- LICORICE – It is a demulcent and expectorant herb. It aids in the balancing of the cortisol levels, reduces fatigue and aids in recovering any lost energy. It is advisable not to use this herb for more than six weeks.
- MULLEIN – It helps soothe the inflammation in the lungs and all the irritation that one gets after withdrawing from tobacco smoking. It also purifies the lungs by removing the excess mucous.
- OATS – It helps in tackling the fatigue and nervous pressure. It even encourages sleep. It is a highly recommended herb when withdrawing from tobacco smoking.
- LOBELIA – It is sometimes referred to as “Indian tobacco.” It brings about relaxing effect to the nervous system. It eases the tension in the nervous system by calming the nerves. It is a perfect aid to those undergoing the tobacco withdrawal program.
CONCLUSION – Tobacco has a lot of negative health effects that are both short and long-term. Start your EHIC Application today and get the best health care at the most affordable costs. You will also get to learn the best health practices to improve your health and withdraw from tobacco smoking.